Science & Technology Research Grants (STRG)
The 26th Science and Technology Research Grant, 2019
TTSF research grant program aims to support university instructors or researchers who are working on or about to work on a research project that will be beneficial to further development of science and technology in Thailand. Our program focuses on four research areas, namely: agriculture & agricultural biology, physics, chemistry and engineering, with the exception of mathematics and clinical medicine. Eligible applicants must be instructors/researchers with outstanding research achievements which are well recognized among professionals in the chosen discipline, or instructors/researchers who demonstrate their research capability and potential to acquire recognition in the chosen discipline in the future.
TTSF research grant program primarily funds compensation paid to researchers and research assistants. Part of the grant can be used to support expenditures involved in presenting a research paper, in international conference publishing in an academic journal and to purchase necessary research supplies and materials, etc.. Eligible research projects that apply for TTSF grant should be those which have secured primary source of funding from research funding organization(s). TTSF grant serves only as complimentary fund to the research project.
Applicants must be either instructor in public or private university or researcher in public research institutes or state enterprises in Thailand who are working on or about to work on a research project aiming to develop scientific and technological knowledge related to the abovementioned disciplines. Applicants must be Thai citizen and carry out their research projects in Thailand.
- 4.1 Proposals for research projects must be beneficial to the public and to the development of science, technology and innovation in Thailand especially in the areas of agriculture & agricultural biology, physics, chemistry and engineering, and potentially capable of responding to the global challenges nowadays and in the future. (The list of previously awarded projects are displayed at https://www.ttsf.or.th)
- 4.2 Research methodology and plan are academically proper and in line with generally accepted standards in the discipline.
- 4.3 Applicants must have outstanding research achievements which are well recognized among professionals in the chosen discipline and/or must demonstrate their research capability and potentials to acquire recognition in the chosen discipline in the future. Furthermore, they must demonstrate potentials to train and mentor new generation of competent researchers in their respective discipline.
- 4.4 Research Project Proposals must clearly identify the problem or the background of the proposed research and make reference to the past research or the research being conducted by other researchers. The proposals must also indicate the expected outputs from the research as to how they can solve the problem or provide greater insight into the problem.
- 4.5 Eligible research projects should be those having secured funds from other research funding organization(s).
- 4.6 Institution of the awarded Applicants are properly distributed in various regions of Thailand.
- 5.1 Publications in internationally recognized journals in the database of the Office of the Higher Education Commission (OHEC);
- 5.2 Presentation of research paper in international conferences;
- 5.3 Adopted for use, either through commercialization or dissemination for public usage;
- 5.4 Patent (Granted or Filing); or
- 5.5 Producing a new generation of competent research personnel (Master’s or Doctoral Degree Graduates)
Assessments will be based on research performance achieved in each of the items listed in Item No. 5 above.
TTSF provides each successful applicant with a grant not greater than 400,000 Baht each year, depending on scope of research project. TTSF offers approximately 15 – 20 research grants each year. Research projects with duration over one (1) year, grant approval are made on an annual basis. Researchers seeking grant renewal in subsequent year are required to re-submit their research proposals to TTSF.
Downloadable application is available at >> Science and Technology Research Grant
Applications should be directed to :
Prof. Dr. Pairash Thajchayapong
Chairman of Science and Technology Research Grant Committee
Thailand Toray Science Foundation
Secretariat National Science and Technology Development Agency Ministry of Science and Technology
73/1 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
Tel : 02 564 7000 ext. 81815
(Please state “Research Project Proposal for TTSF Research Grant Program” in brackets on either corner of envelope)
Closing Date for Application : October 15, 2019
Result Announcement : January 2020